Volunteering at Peaceful Ridge Rescue
Volunteer Orientation at Peaceful Ridge Rescue
Bi-Monthly, every 1st& 3rd Saturday at 1:00pm for approximately one hour.
Orientation is $20 and includes a volunteer shirt.
Must be at least 16 years of age.
If under 16 you must be accompanied by a parent/legal guardian.
Wear closed toe shoes or boots.
We are open for volunteers everyday from 8:00am to 2:00pm.
Summer program for children. Last day, July 19!
Monday and Wednesday from 9am-12pm.
Please text 954-290-2395, 24 hours prior if you intend on participating and make sure parent/legal guardian and child have attended orientation.
If you have questions about volunteering please contact: Victor (954) 240-6080
*MANDATORY: BEFORE VOLUNTEERING, YOU MUST ATTEND THE ORIENTATION AND SIGN THE WAIVER/INDEMNITY FORM LOCATED AT END OF THIS PAGE.
General Rules For Volunteers:
- NO FOOD SHOULD BE GIVEN TO ANY OF OUR HORSES AT ANY TIME.
- Must wear close toed shoes – absolutely no sandals. If it rains, you can wear mud/rubber boots which can be purchased at Walmart for about $15-20.
- You must purchase a PRR shirt and wear it anytime you re on the property.
- Wear cool and comfortable clothing – it gets very hot and you will get dirty. This is a working barn.
- Please bring lots of water and snacks if you need them, in your own cooler. We have a water cooler if you run out with little paper cone cups. We encourage everyone to bring their own as it saves the rescue money on buying for volunteers. It's better to spend money feeding the horses.
- Basic clinics are mandatory before volunteering. They are given Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
- We use the Buddy System - a minimum of 2 people together at all times. No one is to ever be alone in a stall or paddock.
- Volunteers are not permitted to bring guests. Please enjoy volunteering with your friends and family but only after everyone attends mandatory orientation and clinics.
We have a zero tolerance policy for animal abuse or human abuse of any kind.
This pertains to on property or via social media - about the property, the people, or anything associated with our organization. Please report any abuse you see or hear to Victor Cutino and he will address the issue.
We love our Barn Buddies and our animals and we will do everything in our power to give them a safe place to be.